Every Sunday, from 04/23/2017 to 06/24/2018, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Join us Sunday mornings at 8am for breakfast, fellowship and study. The Men's group meets downstairs in the high school room... go RIGHT from the lobby to the kids ...
7pm to 8:30pm
Before 7pm – sign up to be on the speakers list
7:00 to 7:10 – Introductions and explanation of the night’s program
7:10 to 7:50 – Speakers share in ~5 minute intervals
7:50 to 8:00 – Refreshments
8:00 to 8:30 – share reflections/ feedback or additional poems
- Everyone is welcome to share some poetry- their own or a favorite from someone else
- The idea is for people to have a SAFE place to share their work, improve their speaking skills and receive some feedback on it.
- We are trying to build a community of artists among the general community of Eastridge/Happy Valley. Being open and friendly to those who see the world differently than ourselves is a major step towards that. Cooperation/patience/openness and non-judgmental space is paramount to this end.
- Participation as an artist or a listener are essential and of equal importance.
- If giving feedback think of doing so in a loving manner, it is a gift you are presenting to someone who has laid their life/emotions out there. Imagine it as a sandwich of praise filled with encouragement to improve/clarify/punch-up something then followed by another slice of praise.
- The work does not have to be “Church” poetry but should avoid openly offensive verbiage as we may have small ears around…..
- Each speaker signs up for a slot on a signup sheet before we start (those who are late may not get a chance or may need to wait for the period after the refreshments)
- Each may do up to 3 small poems or 1 large for ~5 minutes of microphone time
- After the first round of speaking we will break to get some coffee meet a new friend etc…then join back together to share our feedback with one another or hear more poetry.